- Dissertation on the logistical dimension of the local urban plan (PLU) of Paris, by Damien Zachert (in French)
- Report on the third (2019-2020) round of surveys on instant delivery micro-entrepreneurs in Paris (in French).
Recent interventions of the chair
- BRT+ Webinar Series, June 19, 2020: Video « Paris freight mobility system after Covid-19 »
- Meeting of the Minds, June 10, 2020: Video « Lessons from the Lockdown in Paris »
- Supply Chain Village, June 7, 2020: Video « L’impact de la pandémie sur la logistique urbaine »
- Futura-Mobility, June 3, 2020: Article « La place des micromobilités dans la mobilité »
- SITLive, June 25, 2020: « Logistique Urbaine : Quel modèle social pour le dernier kilomètre ? »
- FuturaMobility, June 3, 2020: Presentation « Micromobilités : la logistique urbaine »
- UrbaParis, June 3, 2020: Video #1minuteurba: « Qu’est-ce-que la logistique urbaine ? »
- News Tank Cities, May 26, 2020: Report « La logistique urbaine transformée par le Covid-19 et l’enjeu climatique ? »
- POLIS, May 20, 2020: Report et presentation Post-Lockdown Mobility webinar: « Urban logistics in lockdown »
New concepts, new urban logistics companies are emerging in Asia, Europe, and the United States, and more recently in all urban regions of the world, driven by digital revolutions. This logistic aims to meet the demand of urban companies and consumers for new services while providing solutions to cities’ concerns about the environmental and social impacts of current urban deliveries.
For cities with efficient urban logistics (such as Tokyo) that integrate logistics facilities into very dense urban areas or « intelligent » neighbourhood logistics, there are still less central districts and many large cities in the world whose congestion and emissions related to freight transport remain at far too high levels, while social issues (jobs and working conditions) are becoming more acute.
The Logistics City Chair is part of this context, with a specific dual ambition:
- To pay particular attention, especially through the disciplines of urban planning and development, to the question of crucial logistical locations for urban and metropolitan areas such as warehouses.
- To explore the impact of new consumption and distribution trends on urban logistics and the territories, particularly those related to e-commerce and more generally to digital transformations. Working in the Île-de-France region and having comparative perspective, data will be collected and developments in major world cities will be identified.
We will aim to increase knowledge while ensuring that we provide methodological tools to public and private actors in urban logistics, to contribute to the development of public policies on freight mobility, the energy transition of the sector, new logistics real estate and employment.
Policy and evaluation committee
- Jonathan Sebbane, General Director and President of the Chair Policy and evaluation committee, Sogaris
- Rémi Féredj, General Director, Poste-Immo
- Serge Piperno, Scientific Director, Université Gustave Eiffel
- Muriel Jougleux, Vice-President Partnerships and Professionalisation, Université Gustave Eiffel
- Claude Samson, President, AFILOG
- Julien Aldhuy, Senior Lecturer, Université Paris Est Créteil
- Marion Waller, Deputy Chief of Staff of Jean-Louis Missika, Deputy Mayor of Paris
- Susana Val, Director, MIT Europe, Zaragoza Logistics Centre
- Olivier Storch, Executive Vice President, Asia-Pacific & Americas, GeoPost
- Adeline Heitz, Lecturer, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
- Nathalie Granes, Department Head, Ile-de-France Region
- François Combes, Laboratory Director SPLOTT, University Gustave Eiffel
- Pierre Zembri, Laboratory Director LVMT, University Gustave Eiffel
- Laetitia Dablanc, Director of research and director of the Chair, University Gustave Eiffel
- Sandrine Wenglenski, Lecturer, University Gustave Eiffel
- Heleen Buldeo Rai, Post-doc, University Gustave Eiffel
- Sonia Samadi, Director of development and innovation, Sogaris
- Jean-Louis Boudol, Director of urban logistics projects, Poste-Immo
- Juliette Berthon, Head of development and innovation Sogaris