Chair newsletter – December 2020
Recent interventions of the chair
- SafeShops, January 21, 2021: Presentation “why online shopping can be, but not necessarily is, more sustainable than physical shopping”
- Blueprint Future, Decembre 20, 2020: Article “Logistics City: A Q&A With Laetitia Dablanc”
- Matinale de la Chaire, December 11, 2020: Presentation “Décarboner la logistique urbaine”
- Interclub FNAU, December 11, 2020: Presentation “De nouveaux métiers pour la logistique urbaine”
- The Correspondent, December 3, 2020: Article “Doing holiday shopping online? Here’s why you shouldn’t choose the fast delivery option”
- ViàGrandParis, November 12, 2020: Video “L’ explosion du ecommerce oblige à réinventer la distribution des colis dans nos villes”
- Ville, Rail & Transports, November 2020: Tribune “Evaluer l’impact environnemental de la logistique urbaine”
- CARA, October 19, 2020: Summary video and complete podcast “Impacts & enseignements de la crise du covid19 sur le transport de marchandises”
- Ville, Rail & Transports, September 2020: Tribune “Logistique. Mieux connaître les livreurs des plateformes numériques dans les grandes villes”
New concepts, new urban logistics companies are emerging in Asia, Europe, and the United States, and more recently in all urban regions of the world, driven by digital revolutions. This logistic aims to meet the demand of urban companies and consumers for new services while providing solutions to cities’ concerns about the environmental and social impacts of current urban deliveries.
For cities with efficient urban logistics (such as Tokyo) that integrate logistics facilities into very dense urban areas or “intelligent” neighbourhood logistics, there are still less central districts and many large cities in the world whose congestion and emissions related to freight transport remain at far too high levels, while social issues (jobs and working conditions) are becoming more acute.
The Logistics City Chair is part of this context, with a specific dual ambition:
- To pay particular attention, especially through the disciplines of urban planning and development, to the question of crucial logistical locations for urban and metropolitan areas such as warehouses.
- To explore the impact of new consumption and distribution trends on urban logistics and the territories, particularly those related to e-commerce and more generally to digital transformations. Working in the Île-de-France region and having comparative perspective, data will be collected and developments in major world cities will be identified.
We will aim to increase knowledge while ensuring that we provide methodological tools to public and private actors in urban logistics, to contribute to the development of public policies on freight mobility, the energy transition of the sector, new logistics real estate and employment.
Policy and evaluation committee
- Jonathan Sebbane, General Director and President of the Chair Policy and evaluation committee, Sogaris
- Rémi Féredj, General Director, Poste-Immo
- Serge Piperno, Scientific Director, Université Gustave Eiffel
- Muriel Jougleux, Vice-President Partnerships and Professionalisation, Université Gustave Eiffel
- Claude Samson, President, AFILOG
- Julien Aldhuy, Senior Lecturer, Université Paris Est Créteil
- Marion Waller, Deputy Chief of Staff of Jean-Louis Missika, Deputy Mayor of Paris
- Susana Val, Director, MIT Europe, Zaragoza Logistics Centre
- Olivier Storch, Executive Vice President, Asia-Pacific & Americas, GeoPost
- Cécile Maisonneuve, President, La Fabrique de la Cité
- Adeline Heitz, Lecturer, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
- Nathalie Granes, Department Head, Ile-de-France Region
- François Combes, Laboratory Director SPLOTT, University Gustave Eiffel
- Pierre Zembri, Laboratory Director LVMT, University Gustave Eiffel
- Laetitia Dablanc, Director of research and director of the Chair, University Gustave Eiffel
- Heleen Buldeo Rai, Post-doc, University Gustave Eiffel
- Matthieu Schorung, post-doctoral researcher
- Sandrine Wenglenski, Lecturer, University Gustave Eiffel
- Sonia Samadi, Director of development and innovation, Sogaris
- Jean-Louis Boudol, Director of urban logistics projects, Poste-Immo
- Juliette Berthon, Head of development and innovation Sogaris